1. In large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, sugar, wine, and crushed red pepper.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Serve with your favorite pasta or freeze.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
• 3/4 cup homemade spaghetti sauce
• 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, save liquid
• 1 medium tomato, cut in half and sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Prepare pizza crust according to recipe or package instructions. Place on a pizza pan.
2. Pour the liquid from the artichokes into a small skillet, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, or until the liquid is almost gone. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, for less than a minute. Add artichoke hearts, stir to coat with garlic flavor, then remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Spread spaghetti sauce over the prepared pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheese, then place the artichoke hearts and garlic over the cheese. Arrange tomato slices evenly over the top.
4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is puffed and golden, and cheese is melted.
Light and tasty! I love this pizza!
• 12 ounces chopped raw bacon
• 1 small red onion, chopped
• 5 button mushrooms, chopped
• 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese or any cheese you like, divided
• 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place bacon in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the pieces are browned. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Sauté the onions and mushrooms, and cook until soft.
3. In a large bowl, mix together beef, egg, and milk. Stir in the onion and mushrooms. Mix in about 4 ounces of Swiss cheese, and all but 1 tablespoon of bacon. Mix in cornflake crumbs. Shape into a loaf, and place in a meatloaf pan or any pan that can accommodate.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 1-1 1/2 hours. Drain fat, and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Return to oven, and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
5. Let meatloaf cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy and steamed broccoli and your good to go!
Monday, February 20, 2006
• (3lb – 5lb) frying chicken
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Pepper
• 2 Cloves garlic; crushed
• 2 Cloves garlic; sliced
• 5 tbs Butter; melted
• 8 med red potatoes; peeled and cut into wedges
• 1 onion; sliced in wedges
• 1/3 c Lemon juice
• 1/2 c Water
Preheat oven to 425°.
Makes 6-8 servings.